General health

Need help now? You can contact NHS 111 Service for medical advice 24/7.

Register with a GP

All Heythrop students are encouraged to register with a GP. Heythrop students living on site are able to register with the Scarsdale Medical Practice or you may choose to register with a practice more local to you.

Scarsdale Medical Practice 
How do I register with a GP?

Out of hours help

For advice on a health condition outside of doctor’s hours or for a more urgent problem, contact the 111 service.

Register with a dentist

You may also want to register with a dentist local to you.

Alcohol and drug information and advice

Many people struggle with alcohol and drug use whilst at university, particularly those living away from home for the first time.

FRANK provide advice and information on recreational drug use and its effects. You can also learn how to help someone in an emergency.
DrinkAware promote healthy drinking habits and provide information on alcohol and enjoying it safely.

Local pharmacies

Earl’s Court Health and Wellbeing Centre
Pharmacentre Pharmacy & Clinic, operates an emergency pharmacy open 365 days a year.

Keeping healthy and active

This year you will be able to gain membership with Imperial College Students’ Union so you can join one of their teams and keep active. For more information please see the page concerning the External Activities Fund.

Change4Life is an NHS project which offers tips and resources for swapping to a more healthy lifestyle.

Leisure pass gives you money off sports activities at Kensington Leisure Centre (20 minutes walk from Halls) and Chelsea Sports Centre